1858 | Russian Icon Triptych of Resurrection, Mother Of God & Saints
Circa 1840, Russian icon, triptych, Vologda region. In the center is the icon of the Resurrection. On the left is the icon of Mother Of God, Hodegetria and St Nicholas with Venerable Silivestor. On the right is the icon of Guardian Angel and St John Evangelist on the top part, and St Natalie and Venerable Maria on the bottom part. Egg tempera, gold leaf and gesso on wood.
Size: 6 3/4” x 11 1/4” (17.3 x 28.5 cm), closed: 6 3/4” x 5 1/2” (17.3 x 14 cm)