19th century, Central Russia. Egg tempera and gesso on wood. Kovcheg, two splints in the back.
Size: 12 x 10 1/4 in (31 x 26 cm)
The Resurrection and the Descent into Hell in the center, is surrounded by 16 scenes of feasts:
1. The Nativity of the Virgin.
2. The Presentation of the Virgin at the Temple.
3. The Old Testament Trinity.
4. The Annunciation.
5. The Nativity of Jesus Christ.
6. Baptism of Christ.
7. The Transfiguration.
8. The Dormition of the Mother of God.
9. The Pokrov Mother of God.
10. The Fiery Ascension of Eliijah the Prophet.
11. The Exaltation of the Cross.
12. The Beheading of St. John the Baptist.
13. The Raising of Lazarus.
14. The Ascension of Christ.
15. The Entry into Jerusalem.
16. The Presentation of Jesus at the Temple.