A RUSSIAN ICON OF THE SIGN MOTHER OF GOD. Overlayed with a silver repousse and engraved oklad, the upper corners with enameled title plaques. In the lower border engraved in Old Church Slavonic identifying the subject as The Most Holy Mother of God of the Sign. Hallmarked Moscow 1896- 1908 and Cyrillic maker’s mark FM likely for Fedor Mishukov.
Size: 10 1/2” x 8 3/4” (27cm x 22cm)